What are eyelash extensions?
Eyelash extensions are customizable extensions made of faux mink, silk or mink. The extensions are applied to an individual natural eyelash with a medical grade adhesive. Lash extensions are customizable. Depending on the desired look they can be natural, more dramatic, or somewhere in between. They can last up to 4-6 weeks if properly cared for. To keep your lashes looking full and even, touch ups every 2-3 weeks are preferred.
- Classic lash extensions are, one single extension to one single natural lash. This is a great option if you already have a lot of natural lashes looking to add some length, thickness, and curl.
- Volume lashes are thinner extensions but using 2-7 extensions to create a handmade fan and place on one single natural lash. This is a great option if you do not have a ton of natural lashes. It's also perfect if you do have a lot of natural lashes, to create a more dramatic look. Volume can create a natural or dramatic look depending on how many extensions are used in a fan.
- Hybrid lashes are a combination of both classic and volume lashes. It's great if your looking to achieve fullness.
What is the difference between Classic, Volume, and Hybrid Lashes?
Do eyelash extensions damage my natural lashes?
No! As long as your eyelash extensions are applied properly, the extensions will not damage your natural eyelashes. However, if you do have weak or fine natural lashes to begin with, you may benefit from using a lash serum to help keep your lashes long and strong while having extensions.
How do I care for my eyelash extensions?
- Wait 4-6 hours before getting your eyelashes wet.
- Avoid any oil based products around your eyes
- No waterproof mascara, specialty eyelash extension mascaras preferred if desired
- Do not pick extensions or rub eyes
- Clean daily with a lash shampoo and a soft bristle brush
- Be careful when sleeping, don't sleep on face
- Brush lashes twice a day to avoid tangling
Arrive at your appointment with no eye makeup, especially no mascara. Come with clean lashes so we don't have to use appointment time cleaning your eyelashes. It's best to shower and exercise before your appointment; lashes need to stay dry for 4-6 hours after appointment.